The THYROID CANCER ALLIANCE (TCA) is an international network of national thyroid cancer support organisations and/or thyroid support groups, dedicated to working together by providing support, information and encouragement to those affected by the disease throughout the world. It does this through:
- Developing programmes and projects that promote education and awareness of thyroid cancer to the general public and medical professionals;
- Bringing together leaders of national thyroid and/or thyroid cancer support groups so that they can share information and learn from each others’ experiences; and
- Promoting thyroid cancer awareness all over the world.
The TCA became an Association with full legal capacity in the Netherlands in 2017, Kamer van Koophandel (Chamber of Commerce) number 69100748.
BACKGROUND TO POLICY
The TCA is committed to ensuring that anyone using its services maintains the level of privacy to which they are entitled. This is particularly important when dealing with medical conditions. Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the TCA has a legal duty to protect any information it collects from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard our data, and strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through the variety of work that the TCA undertakes, different forms of information may be collected from you at different times, and retained. In all cases, we DO NOT pass on your contact details to any third party unless you give us permission to do so, and any contractors employed at any time who may, for reasons beyond our control, have access to information are required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
The TCA holds two types of information which are covered by this policy:
- Organisational information – publicly available information about member organisations and affiliated organisations;
- Personal information – information about individuals such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, IP address, location information, and email addresses.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you through direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by mail, phone, email or through chat or social media. We use this personal information to send the requested information or to contact us to discuss questions about our products or services. The IP address and location data we use to analyse where our visitors come from and which pages on the websites they find interesting. We will never automatically add someone to our mailing list; this requires an active action by the person himself.
TCA WEBSITE USAGE INFORMATION
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a computer, tablet or smartphone during the first visit to this website. The TCA only uses functional and analytical cookies that do not infringe privacy. This allows us to see which pages our visitors find interesting. We also use some cookies to optimize the technical operation of the website and to improve the user-friendliness.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however if you do some parts of this site may not work correctly, e.g. text sizing.
- Log Files
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site. We analyse log file information from all our visitors and use it to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information and they are not used to identify any individual patterns of use of the site.
- External Links to Other Sites
WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE INFORMATION I SUPPLY TO YOU?
Any details you supply to us are held in strict confidence and in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulations 2018. If you state you are happy for us to hold your details we may from time to time contact you either by phone, post or email about our work at the TCA or to update the information we hold on you. Should you prefer us not to contact you in this way, please contact us using the contact form on this website, or write to us at the following address: Thyroid Cancer Alliance, Burgemeester Bosstraat 46, 3043 GD, Rotterdam, the Netherlands or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by TCA are entitled to:
- Ask what information the organisation holds about them and why;
- Ask how to gain access to it;
- Be informed how to keep it up to date;
- Be informed how the charity is meeting its data protection obligations;
- Requests for your personal data should be made by email, addressed to the President who will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days. This process is subject to verification of your identity prior to handing over any information.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION FOR OTHER REASONS
In certain circumstances, data protection laws allow personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, TCA will disclose requested data. However, the President will first ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from legal advisors where necessary.
25 May, 2018